Greater Power and Productivity
For customers with more demanding applications, we suggest the PLS series of laser platforms, which feature a number of enhancements designed to increase productivity in challenging environments. PLS laser platform users enjoy significant processing throughput gains from a maximum laser power 150 percent greater than VLS laser platforms and an on-board LCD screen that allows for on-the-fly parameter adjustment. Accessories like Dual Head and SuperSpeed increase vector and raster performance even further. These productivity enhancing features make the PLS series the ideal laser platform for throughput-focused operations.
Laser Technology Benefits
- Software Controlled – The laser can be controlled by any software with a print function.
- Multi-Material – Process an endless number of materials available today and in the future.
- Multi-Process – Cut, engrave, mark, and produce photo images in one step.
- Non Contact – Modify material without applying any physical force.
- On Demand – Produce everything you need in real time, without waiting for hard tooling.
Uniquely Universal Features
Universal Laser Systems is an innovator in the field of laser engraving, laser cutting and laser marking equipment. The laser material processing systems ULS manufacture are the product of decades of experience and a commitment to research and development. ULS laser systems deliver everything you have come to expect from a high quality product—including excellent precision, performance and reliability—but they also offer several exclusive features unique to Universal. These patented, proven laser processing innovations were designed to make laser processing more effective, productive and profitable. And you can only get them from Universal Laser Systems.
ULR Laser Sources
Universal’s patented air-cooled free-space gas slab lasers produce an excellent quality beam with even power distribution and good near and far-field characteristics, making them ideal for laser material processing.
High Power Density Focusing Optics™
High Power Density Focusing Optics (HPDFO) allow the laser beam to be focused to a much smaller spot, making it possible to engrave smaller text and produce sharper images at tighter tolerances.
This materials-based driver automatically determines the optimum processing settings for your target material. Just select the material type, enter the material thickness, and start the laser system.
1-Touch Laser Photo™
1-Touch Laser Photo is a proprietary software package that makes it quick and easy to produce photographic images on nearly any material. Download 30-day Free Trial
Rapid Reconfiguration™ of Lasers
Laser platforms with Rapid Reconfiguration can be reconfigured with new laser sources in seconds, without tools. This allows you to configure your laser system to suit the task at hand, increasing quality and throughput.
Dual Laser Configuration
The Dual Laser Configuration optically combines two ULS laser sources into a single beam for additional power and flexibility.
|Work area||813 x 457 mm|
|Max part size||940 x 584 x 229 mm|
|Lens options||1.5 (38 mm) / 2.0 (51 mm) Standard / 2.5 (64 mm) / 4.0 (102 mm) / HPDFO|
|Computer requirements||PC, USB 2.0|
|Optics Protection||Air Assist Optional|
|Laser options||10, 30, 40, 50, 60, 75 Watts
Equipped for dual lasers
|Power requirements||15 Amp Outlet|
Suitable for use with the following fume extraction
Digital Fume Extractor
230V – 080501D
50/60 Hz 2.6 kW
HxWxD: 1143 mm x 571 mm x 670 mm
Weight: 90 kg
Labyrinth F8/F9 Pre-Filter – 202273
Main Filter (HEPA) – 113650
Main Filter (Carbon) – 113651
Connection Kit – 120291
- Air inlet
- Labyrinth Prefilter bag
- (A) Individual HEPA filter
- (B) Individual Carbon filter
- Clean air returned to workplace
- Filter locking handle
- Filter identification label
- Automatic electronic flow control – maintains a constant extraction rate even as the filter blocks
- Adjustable airflow
- VariColour filter blocked warning system (Analogue Systems)
- Clear and informative graphic display (Digital Systems)
- Gas and Particle Sensors on the exhaust (Digital Systems)
- Hose Blocked & Door Open alarms (iFume Systems)
- Low capital and running costs
- Activated carbon filtration removes harmful gas
- Quick change patented Labyrinth pre-filters deliver longer filter life
- Submicronic (HEPA) filtration removes 99.997% of particles down to 0.3 microns
- Simple to install and quiet in operation
- Easy to relocate and precision made from stainless steel